Feb 11, 2007

Mission Statement

I am an Agnostic--skeptical, yet open-minded.

I am prepared and willing to accept that which my senses process without preconception, discrimination or prejudice.

Perpaps the Universe is but a magnificent, happy accident--a logical and orderly interplay of Natural forces, however unimaginable to the nascent Minds spawned from her primordial soups.

Perpaps the Universe teems with life, intelligence and civilization, spread through the inconceivable vastness of space and covering the full spectrum of the evolutionary scale, all seeking, as do I, meaning, understanding and a sense of place.

Perhaps the Universe is the willful creation of an unimaginable Intelligence, with unknowable motivation, who built this vast playground for the benefit--or responsibility--of the tender lives placed within.

Perhaps, incredibly, said creator crafted this Universe wholly and exclusively for Man--for this one in a million million species to have swum, crawled, slithered, walked, flown or simply exist on this one tenuous little blob of whilring mud, circling an unstable Roman Candle in a remote corner of an average galaxy of 100 billion suns, in a Universe of 125 billion galaxies, in its four billion year history.

Perhaps said Intelligence is even an active Overseer of all things, from physical to metaphysical and beyond, Who, even as I write, guides my thoughts, heart and hands. Seems unlikely, that last part ... but I have to admit, as a true Agnostic with an open yet skeptical mind, that it's a possiblity. I just don't know.

But I do have some thoughts.

No comments: